Interested in a career at Harbor View Veterinary Hospital?
Browse our open positions and fill out the form below to submit your resume!
At Harbor View Veterinary Hospital “Fear Free” isn’t just a certification, it’s a lifestyle. We take great pride in ensuring every patient receives high value treats, calming pheromones and low stress handling. Every animal that comes through the door gets treated just like they are part of our family (and sometimes even better than our own pets!)
We pride ourselves on strong client communication and owner education. Each of our routine appointments are scheduled for 30 minutes while second opinions and new puppy appointments are a full hour. We understand that forming lasting client relationships takes time and trust, and we would never want our clients to feel rushed or like we don’t have time for their questions and concerns (big or small).
Every member of our team is integral to our mission, no matter their title. Our Medical Director, Dr. Stacey Hicks, and associate Veterinarian, Dr. Kimberly Snow, take immense pride in staff education, and understand just how important every team member is in providing exceptional patient care.
Our next team member must be experienced, take pride in their work, and be passionate about veterinary medicine.
A qualified candidate must meet and demonstrate the requirements listed below:
- Obtain patient history, triage patients, and administer treatments under DVM supervision
- Understand preventative care recommendations and AAHA vaccine guidelines
- Perform venipuncture (jugular, cephalic, lateral and medial saphenous), cystocentesis , IV catheter placement, administer injections (IV, SQ, IM)
- Perform diagnostic imaging with digital x-ray and appropriate patient positioning
- Calculate drugs doses and fluid rates for surgical and hospitalized patients
- Must be skilled and knowledgeable with induction, intubation, anesthesia monitoring, surgical prep, and recovery
- Low-stress patient handling and restraint
- Must be able to educate owners on home care
- Eager to train and develop co-workers and support staff
We offer 401k with a match, medical benefits, pet discounts, and PTO.
Compensation is based on experience and skill set.
Our ideal candidate will have 3+ years experience. RVT’s are encouraged to apply!
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $15.00 – $22.00 per hour
• 401(k) with match
• Employee discount
• Health, Vision and Dental insurance
• Paid time off
• Monday to Friday