International Health Certificates

Like most of us, our pets are members of our family and if you plan to take that furry member of your family on an international trip there are some things you need to know.

Depending on the destination, there may be vaccines or tests that are needed for your pet to enter the country. Every county has different requirements and different timelines. Unfortunately, these timelines and requirements also frequently change.

Most countries also require specialized documentation and an Internal Health Certificate issued from a USDA Accredited Veterinarian, verifying that your pet is healthy for travel. These documents then have to be endorsed by the United States Department of Agriculture – Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service (USDA-APHIS). We do offer electronic endorsement through the Veterinary Export Health Certification System (VEHCS) for some countries. We also perform FAVN Rabies Titers.

Additionally, airlines also have their own requirements and paperwork, not to mention your furry family member may need a little sedative to help make the travel and flight less stressful.

We encourage anyone that is considering international travel to visit the USDA Pet Travel Website.

Once you have settled on your travel plans please give us a call to schedule your International Health Certification consultation. Dr. Hicks and her team will provide you with a personalized list of requirements for your pet(s) travel based on a medical history review and the travel requirements for your destination.

Exceptional Pet Care in Baltimore!

Your pet deserves only the finest veterinary care available and Harbor View Veterinary Hospital is committed to treating your pet with care, compassion, and the latest veterinary medical techniques.

Contact Us

Phone: 410-522-9090

Fax: 443-440-6244

2304 Boston Street
Baltimore, MD 21224


Mon: 8:00am – 5:00pm
Tues: 8:00am – 2:00pm
Wed: 8:00am – 5:00pm
Thurs: 8:00am – 5:00pm
Fri: 8:00am – 5:00pm
Sat – Sun: Closed